I have no time
One has a clock, the other has time. You cannot have both.
I have no Time
Sometimes I cannot find the Time to do something.
Obviously I cannot find it because I already have it (roughly 24h a day). It is just a question of whether I take the time to do something specific or not. So any time that you hear me say:
- I don't have the time to do that right now."
- I am so busy with other things that I cannot..."
- I don't know where to find the time to do that now..."
- I am in such a hurry that I can only...
It is a plain lie. Believe me.
If I would be honest I would say something like:
- I have higher priorities and will therefore not take the time to do what you are asking from me.
- I believe that I like doing other things more right now.
- There is other stuff that is way more important which is why I consciously choose to not do this and instead do that.
Will this change anything? Yes. It will bring back some honesty and relax our troubled conscience.
Want to try out how this works? For a starter do not say it out loud because it will put off people. In the beginning say it to yourself and in your mind only. Every time you are about to say "I don't have the time to..." hang on for a second and think whether this is really true. Analyze your intention and your motivation. Then, after some time of practicing this you might notice a shift of your attention away from your ego and towards the other. Then you are on track. Instead of "loosing" time (what an idiot concept is that anyway?) you will notice that you have more time. And that you are "spending" it more consciously and habe better awareness of your own priorities.
And if business keeps you from doing what you really want to do then read this.
It sharpens our sense for Time and the way we prioritize life.
I don't really have any time to maintain this web site.
Busyness has become a style of life. As a result there are a lot of blogs, notes, instructions and secrets about how to change this. Unfortunately most try to make more out of the time. This is not going to happen. Instead we become even more busy. Few understand that reducing busyiness is to actively do less.
The next step is to do it more consciously. But that is another story...
Here are some links for those who want to forge on: